|Dimensions||12 × 12 × 6 in|
No longer available for pre-ordering
LetterPress Publications is pleased to offer our Deluxe Signed & Traycased Lettered Edition of 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill.
This special edition includes a brand new introduction by Christopher Golden, new story notes by Joe Hill, and seventeen full-color illustrations by Vincent Sammy.
This is the first of several projects by Joe Hill that LetterPress Publications has in the works, and future volumes will be offered first to those who ordered the most recent Lettered Edition. This will be an epic set of books when all is said and done, and the keystone of any Joe Hill collection.
Retail Price: $1500
Publication Date: December 2020
• Seventeen full-color illustrations by Vincent Sammy
• Brand new introduction by Christopher Golden
• Updated acknowledgments by Joe Hill
• Printed by a boutique specialty press separately from the Limited Edition run
• Four-color interior printing on an upgraded acid-free paper with a textured finish
• Three-piece fine binding of imported Italian leather and cloth
• Imported Indian hand-marbled endpapers
• Silver gilding on the page edges
• Smyth-sewn for a more durable binding
• Genuine spine hubs like an old world volume
• Sewn-in satin ribbon page marker
• Colored head and tail bands
• Two colors of hot foil stamping on the front boards and spine
• Housed in a hand-made slide-in traycase featuring padded boards, hot foil stamping on the front, spine, and inside of the case, and imported Indian hand-marbled endpapers for the interior lining
• Includes a hand-tipped page of original artwork by Vincent Sammy
• Print run of just 52 hand-lettered copies
• Full-color signature sheet signed by Joe Hill, Christopher Golden, and Vincent Sammy
• Retail Price: $1500
About the Book:
“An inventive collection… brave and astute.” — New York Times Book Review (Editor’s Choice)
From New York Times bestselling author Joe Hill comes this award-winning collection of short fiction that launched him into the bright lights of the literary world’s big stage fifteen years ago.
Imogene is young, beautiful… and dead, waiting in the Rosebud Theater one afternoon in 1945…
Francis was human once, but now he’s an eight-foot-tall locust, and everyone in Calliphora will tremble when they hear him sing…
John is locked in a basement stained with the blood of half a dozen murdered children, and an antique telephone, long since disconnected, rings at night with calls from the dead…
Arthur Roth is a lonely kid with big ideas and a gift for attracting abuse…
Nolan knows but can never tell what really happened in the summer of ’77, when his idiot savant younger brother built a vast cardboard fort with secret doors leading into other worlds…
The past isn’t dead. It isn’t even past…
Table of Contents:
The Importance of Wearing Glasses by Christopher Golden
Original Introduction by Christopher Golden
Best New Horror
20th Century Ghost
You Will Hear the Locust Sing
Better Than Home
The Black Phone
In the Rundown
The Widow’s Breakfast
Bobby Conroy Comes Back From the Dead
My Father’s Mask
Revised and Updated Acknowledgments by Joe Hill
Who is signing?
Joe Hill, Christopher Golden, and Vincent Sammy signed the signature sheets for this edition.