|Dimensions||12 × 12 × 4 in|
No longer available for pre-ordering
LetterPress Publications is pleased to be publishing our signed and slipcased Limited Edition hardcover of 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill, which was offered as a “Preorder Only Limited Edition,” meaning the orders received between April 6 and April 30 set the print run.
This special edition includes a brand-new introduction by Christopher Golden, new story notes by Joe Hill, and seventeen full-color illustrations by Vincent Sammy.
Retail Price: $125
Publication Date: December 2020
• Seventeen full-color illustrations by Vincent Sammy
• A brand new introduction by Christopher Golden
• Brand new story notes by Joe Hill
• Two-color interior printing
• Printed on an acid-free specialty paper stock
• Deluxe leatherette binding
• Hot foil stamping and “blind” heat burnishing on the front cover and spine
• Smyth sewn to create a more durable binding
• Genuine spine hubs like an old world volume
• Colored head and tail bands
• High-quality, four-color faux marbled endpapers
• Sewn-in satin ribbon page marker
• Full-color signature sheet signed by Joe Hill, Christopher Golden, and Vincent Sammy
• Custom-made slipcase wrapped with a woven cloth and stamped with hot foil
• Limited to just 1,750 copies produced in a one-time printing, never to be reprinted!
About the Book:
“An inventive collection… brave and astute.” — New York Times Book Review (Editor’s Choice)
From New York Times bestselling author Joe Hill comes this award-winning collection of short fiction that launched him into the bright lights of the literary world’s big stage fifteen years ago.
Imogene is young, beautiful… and dead, waiting in the Rosebud Theater one afternoon in 1945…
Francis was human once, but now he’s an eight-foot-tall locust, and everyone in Calliphora will tremble when they hear him sing…
John is locked in a basement stained with the blood of half a dozen murdered children, and an antique telephone, long since disconnected, rings at night with calls from the dead…
Arthur Roth is a lonely kid with big ideas and a gift for attracting abuse…
Nolan knows but can never tell what really happened in the summer of ’77, when his idiot savant younger brother built a vast cardboard fort with secret doors leading into other worlds…
The past isn’t dead. It isn’t even past…
Table of Contents:
The Importance of Wearing Glasses by Christopher Golden
Original Introduction by Christopher Golden
Best New Horror
20th Century Ghost
You Will Hear the Locust Sing
Better Than Home
The Black Phone
In the Rundown
The Widow’s Breakfast
Bobby Conroy Comes Back From the Dead
My Father’s Mask
New Story Notes by Joe Hill
Who is signing?
Joe Hill, Christopher Golden, and Vincent Sammy are currently scheduled to sign the signature sheets.